Ko Lanta lies to the south of Krabi Province and is accessible by road, or sea. Here, we give you directions to get here, as well as the current ferry schedules. If you are coming by plane, you can fly to either Krabi or Trang airports, then take road transport to the island.
Getting to Koh Lanta
The easiest and fastest way to get to Koh Lanta.
The following information is from Amazing Lanta:
Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta Fast Speedboat Transfer Costs:
1950 Baht per person
Child 2- 12 years – Half Price
Child under 2 – Free Of Charge
* Please note there must be a minimum of two people travelling – single guests are welcome but are required to pay double.
The Koh Lanta Speedboat Transfer price includes:
- A 45 minute air conditioned minivan journey from Krabi Airport to the first car ferry port.
- You then go on board the speedboat which then takes you on a stunning boat ride across the water along the coastline of Koh Lanta.
- The journey takes around 15 minutes depending on weather and conditions.
- You arrive directly in Saladan on Koh Lanta, where you are then transferred to your hotel by car.
- That means the total journey time should be 1 to 1.5 hours and a lot more fun!
How To Pay For Your Koh Lanta Speedboat Transfer
The full price is payable in advance. Once you have confirmed your interest, we will send you a PayPal Deposit Invoice which you can pay with any major credit card.
How Much Faster Is The Speedboat Than The Car Ferry?
The usual way to get to Koh Lanta is to take a private taxi or minibus from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta. The journey usually takes 2.5 hours, although this is dependent on 2 car ferries.
Passenger ferries to Koh Lanta
You can take a taxi from Krabi Airport to the pier in Krabi Town for 350 baht, journey time approximately 15 minutes, or to the pier in Ao Nang for 600 baht, journey time 30 minutes. Boats to Lanta also leave from Ko Jum, Phuket and Phi Phi. A one way journey costs from 400 baht per person.
Note Passenger ferries operate from November to April only. During ‘low season’ (May – late October), all passenger ferries stop operating and the only way to get to Lanta Island is via taxi or minibus service from Ao Nang, Krabi Town or Trang.
Leaving Koh Lanta
How to travel off the island
Note that as there is yet no bridge joining Koh Lanta to the mainland, you can only leave or arrive on the island during the hours of (approx.) 6am to 10pm, while the car ferry services are running. The only way to leave after these hours is by private boat.